- You might imagine that the lines on your hands are formed, as a result of how you live, the job you do, how you grew up, how you close and move your hands. But in fact, the lines are formed when you are in the womb!
- Having said that some experts that read palms, do believe that palms can change over time, especially if you go through a particular period of upheaval in your life. The minor lines, are the most likely to change and in a small frequency of time. The simplest way to tell, is to take an ink-print of your palm now and then again in six months to a year, and see if there are any differences.
Predicting the Future?
- Palmistry is not really about predicting future events, it is really a lot more about discovering your deep-seated personality traits. This information can be very useful in interpreting how you will respond to future life situations.
- A good palmistry reader will examine both hands, your dominant hand gives a sense of your life direction and the personality that is shown to the outside world. The non-dominant hand deals more with what drives you, your potential and inner-self and very importantly – your feelings.
- Where people wear jewellery on their fingers can also tell you something about them. Wearing a ring on a middle finger normally suggests a person has a need to feel secure. Whereas wearing one on an index finger, is done to boost their confidence
- Like many divining methods, there are often un-factual aspects that are believed, in Tarot for example people fear getting ‘The Death’ card, in case it means they will die. With Palmistry it is the Life Line that is worried about. It is not true that the length of the life line determines how long a life you will have. If you have a poor line, it is much more likely to mean that you need more stability in your life and you will need some support.
- Another myth is that your palm will reveal the exact number of children you will have. A reading may give an indication of whether you will have children, and whether that will be none, one or many, but not exact numbers. Again, it comes back to your personality and how secure and stable your features show you are. When you have these qualities in abundance, you will likely have either no children, or just one child. The more these characteristics are missing, the more children you will have.
- There are some simple ways for non-experts to tell certain things about a person simply by looking at their hands. For example, in the area of money. Generally speaking a person with little or no gaps at the base of their fingers is very precious about money. At the other end of the spectrum someone with big gaps, may literally let money slip through their fingers, suggesting they have a very laid-back attitude to finance matters.