Scrying is actually one of the oldest methods used for divining the future. The word Scrying has meaning behind it, derived from ‘descry’ an old English word that meant to reveal, or to make out dimly. Those that offer scrying as part of their clairvoyant skills, use an object that has a reflective or shiny surface, in many cases the crystal ball will be the first choice, but others may use a favourite crystal, or something with personal meaning to them.
It is thought that you can trace Scrying back to China in 3000BC, Egypt in 2500BC and Ancient Greece in 2000BC. In those times crystals may still have been used, but also cracked eggs and oil that was placed into vessels. It was only later that crystal balls and mirrors were used as the form of divination developed.
- The first step is to clear the mind, some clairvoyants may prefer to enter a trance like state to achieve full concentration.
- Some psychics may go back to the roots of the divination and practise at night or in a dimly lit room, preferring the use of candles to create the right reading space.
- They then use their chosen object – crystal ball, mirror, crystal etc and place it in their hands, or their hands over it and focus deeply while making a connection.
- The clairvoyant will then seek to make their intentions clear and ask their questions of the object. The visions they receive will then be interpreted for the enquirer.
- The visions may take on many forms, from cloudy glows, small insights and impressions to a range of colours. Normally the visions are stated out loud, they may seem small to the psychic, but may have significance to the enquirer. The process of speaking out loud usually deepens the trance like state, allowing the reader to see rich images projected from the object or from their minds eye that they can pass on.
If Scrying is something that interests you, then you could begin practising in your day-to-day life. If you happen to be by water, a river or even the sea – then start by looking for patterns, shapes and colours. You could do similar with the clouds in the sky. Or even use a piece of jewellery that really speaks to you… With practise you will learn to tap into your inner-knowledge and trust your instincts on the messages you are receiving.
If you would like to experience Scrying as part of a reading then I would suggest Aelissa (PIN: 4444), who can incorporate scrying with mirrors into her discussions with you. Seph (PIN: 1369), also offers Scrying amongst her many reading skills.Tweet